Friday, October 31, 2008

Mike Singletary is Losing It

One week into his coaching tenure and Mike Singletary may already be cracking under the pressure. While he handled himself well when asked about the phone call he made to the deceased Bill Walsh, he freaked out in his postgame press conference at tight end Vernon Davis.
And now we're finding out about his first halftime speech as a head coach.
Singletary dropped his pants and delivered his speech with his pants around his ankles, to illustrate a point.
"We're getting our tails whipped out there, now let's get back out there."
The team says he was wearing boxers.
"I used my pants to illustrate that we were getting our tails whipped on Sunday and how humiliating that should feel for all of us. I needed to do something to dramatize my point; there were other ways I could have done it but I think this got the message across."
I think he's probably been contemplating that motivational ploy for years and relished the opportunity to use it.

Mike Singletary...wearing pants

No comments: