Monday, November 24, 2008

Postseason Wrapup

Only two of you (Scat and JLeary) elected to join Master Bates and I in our annual preseason baseball predictions. This is something MB and I have been doing for years, probably dating back to the early 90s when we wrote down our picks (we had to use paper back then) and stuffed them in an envelope and put them in a drawer until the end of the year. We had no links back then!

Reviewing the picks, here's how it broke down:
Teams: TallSkott got 4 division winners, which is very impressive, but MB and I each got three playoff teams, though we had the Red Sox as division winner, not wild card.
World Series: None of us got a single World Series team correct.
Individual awards: These are so much tougher than the teams, and once again I dominated. JL, TS & MB combined for one correct individual award (MB predicted Longoria for Rookie of the Year -- but only because I badgered him into drafted Evan in his fantasy league). I beat them by myself, nailing Longoria and Lou Piniella as Manager of the Year.

I hope more of you will choose to participate next season.

No comments: