Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekly Picks

I was off to a great start last week nailing my first three games until the officials robbed me in the Steelers-Chargers game, and Trent Edwards robbed me in the Browns-Bills game. I never should have picked the Bills as my best bet anyway. That mistake threatens to derail a great season but I'm not going to let that happen.

new england pick'em MIAMI
I really think the Patriots offense is coming around under Cassel and the loss to the Jets showed they have the ability to make a crucial late-game drive and put points on the board. This game is almost like a playoff game for them sine they already lost to the Dolphins -- and the Patriots don't lose playoff games.

chicago -8 ST. LOUIS
The Bears got absolutely destroyed by the Packers last week. And that's exactly why I like them to rebound this week against the horrid Rams, even though they're on the road. The Bears are still in the mix in the NFC North and need a win here to remain so.

TENNESSEE TITANS -5 1/2 new york jets
I haven't had much luck this season picking games involving the Jets, but I've done pretty well with the Titans. I just don't believe that Brett Favre can go on the road and play turnover free against this aggressive defense. It will be interesting to see what the Titans do on offense however. The Jets have a good run defense led by Kris Jenkins but recently Kerry Collins has been carrying the offense by throwing a good deep ball.

philadelphia +1 BALTIMORE
I trust Donovan McNabb to bounce back after an embarrassing week. I also think the Eagles will blitz the shit out of rookie quarterback Joe Flacco.

BEST BET
new york giants -3 ARIZONA

I know this looks like a matchup of two of the best teams in the conference, but the Cardinals aren't in the same league as the Giants. All the Cardinals have is a great short passing game but the Giants will be able to at least control that by blitzing Kurt Warner, and making tackles once their receivers catch the ball. On offense the Giants should be able to run against an undersized but speedy Cardinals defense. Time of possession will also help keep the ball out of Warner's (and Fitzgerald's and Boldin's hands).

Last week: 3-2 (2 points)
Season: 30-25 (35 points)
Best Bets: 0-1 (8-3)
Home Favorites: 0-2 (9-11)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (2-1)
Road Favorites: 3-0 (13-5)
Road Underdogs: 0-0 (6-7)
Road Pickems: 0-0 (0-1)

No comments: