Monday, June 08, 2009

Why I Love Daniel Negreanu

With the World Series of Poker starting in Vegas this week, following the live updates online put me in the mood for some poker.
Thanks to my DVR Expander I had all 6 weeks (12 hours) of the NBC Heads Up Championship saved.
Watching those episodes made me fall in love with Daniel Negreanu all over again.
First, Daniel showed up for a match against Scotty Nguyen, dressed as Scotty Nguyen and staying in character the entire match. He even responded to shouts of "Go Scotty!" from the railbirds with "thank you baby."

Daniel Negreanu dressed as Scotty Nguyen

Then during a match against Vanessa Rousso (which he lost), he serenaded her with "I Kissed a Girl."

Side note: The producers of the show loved to sprinkle in popular music going to break but thankfully they only used "Poker Face" once.

So after that I looked up Daniel on Twitter and found out that not only is he on Twitter, he is frequent with his updates, providing details of hands almost as they happen. And then there was this great tweet:

Daniel Negreanu hysterical tweet

Update: Daniel made the final table of the limit hold em 6-handed tournament. I watched some of this tournament live on the internet (after he said he would stop twittering during the final table) and Daniel had a huge chip lead 3-handed, but when it got heads up he kept getting outdrawn (and in limit it pays to keep calling sometimes). So Daniel finished second (good but not a bracelet) and Brock Parker won (that bastard!)

1 comment:

Jems said...

I love this!