Saturday, October 09, 2010

Weekly Picks

First solid week of the season. As long as I keep nailing my best bets I'll be ok.

CAROLINA -1 1/2 chicago
There are four winless teams in the NFL this year. All four of them are favored. No way that will ever happen again in week 5.

philadelphia +3 SAN FRANCISCO
If one of the winless teams is going to win, at least one of them is going to lose. For some reason people don't think they 49ers are as putrid as the others (Bills, Lions) but people are writing off the Eagles without Vick. I think Kolb will do enough to win this game.

green bay -2 1/2 WASHINGTON
I've been searching all over the internet and I still can't find the story about Aaron Rodgers's right arm being severed. So if that's not the case I do not understand how the Packers are not bigger favorites over the team with the 31st ranked defense.

atlanta -3 CLEVELAND
This spread also seems low to me. I really like the Falcons and the Browns won last week. I love to pick against bad teams coming off a win.

BEST BET
INDIANAPOLIS -7 kansas city

I've had some success so far this season picking a desperate team against a team off to a surprisingly good start (Cowboys over Texans and Giants over Bears) even laying points. This time the spread is half a point too big but I'm rolling the dice with it anyway.

Last week: 3-2 (4 points)
Season: 8-12 (10 points)
Best Bets: 1-0 (3-1)
Home Favorites: 1-2 (1-4)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (1-0)
Road Favorites: 1-0 (3-6)
Road Underdogs: 1-0 (3-2)

No comments: