Saturday, October 16, 2010

Weekly Picks

Another solid week with a 4. Hitting 80% of best bets but only 35% of other picks.

san diego -8 1/2 ST. LOUIS
I'm not giving up on the Chargers yet. Two of their losses (Raiders and Chiefs) were kind of fluky in that big plays against them came on special teams. Their offense is still great, defense is bad, but this spread seems to big, so I like it.

new orleans -4 TAMPA BAY
Desperate team versus overachieving team.

indianapolis -3 WASHINGTON
Bill Simmons says never bet against Peyton Manning in a night game. I think that actually holds true.

PITTSBURGH -13 1/2 cleveland
The spread should actually be around 17 if Ben Roethlisberger's performance weren't such a question mark. This flies in the face of backup QB theory, but I'll make an exception for Colt McCoy/Josh Cribbs against the best defense in the league.

BEST BET
atlanta +3 PHILADELPHIA

There is nothing in my backup QB theory about what happens the second week. I think the Falcons are pretty good and I think Kolb is going to make this decision very easy for Reid.

Last week: 3-2 (4 points)
Season: 11-14 (14 points)
Best Bets: 1-0 (4-1)
Home Favorites: 1-1 (2-5)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (1-0)
Road Favorites: 1-1 (4-7)
Road Underdogs: 1-0 (4-2)

No comments: