Thursday, January 19, 2006

Antonio Davis Enters the Stands

Antonio Davis was ejected from last night's Knicks-Bulls game for entering the stands.
Davis said ""I witnessed my wife being threatened by a man that I learned later to be intoxicated. I saw him touch her and I know I should not have acted the way I did, but I would have felt terrible if I didn't react. There was no time to call security. It happened too quickly."
Coach Brown said he saw Davis' wife "falling back."
According to a source, the televised footage from the incident that was handed over last night to NBA security showed the heckler complaining to security that Davis' wife, would not sit down, that he was just asking her to take a seat. The heckler was removed from the building and was not identified.
I don't really blame Davis, because he did it the right way, he didn't go up there swining. But he did get ejected.
Crawford hit a cold-blooded three to tie the game at 104, but Knick killer Ben Gordon won it a few seconds later with a jumper.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't blame him for what he did. But he should still get suspended by the NBA. A rule is a rule ... and just because it didn't turn violent, entering the stands endangered the crowd and could have had dire consequences. I don't beleive he should get the Artest season suspension, but should get at least 2 games.