Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Little More

Hopefully this will be the last mention of Marcus Vick on the blog for a while. But I remembered reading about him in ESPN Magazine (the Nov. 21st issue, their big steroids issue) so I went back to check the article.

Here are a few interesting quotes:
"No questions about his past" - Virginia Tech football operations staffer
"Look man, this has got to stop" - Michael Vick to Marcus
"I had embarrassed my family name. I had to get myself together and say, hey, this ain't me, and this ain't the person I want to be." - Marcus Vick
"This team is what kept me going. I wanted to be part of it. That's what I was fighting for. They had faith in me and I didn't want to let them down once again."

Unfortunately he did let them down. Since that article he got stopped for speeding (while driving with a suspended license), stepped on a player's leg and waved a gun at a few kids in a McDonald's.
More details of that incident are coming out. Police characterize it as "a verbal altercation, not a physical one."
Vick said the teenagers were taunting him so he showed the gun to scare them.

No comments: