Monday, February 27, 2006

Starting the Season Off on the Wrong Foot

After painful negotiations I have reached an agreement in terms to attend Mets Opening Day with Scott Isaacs and Shawn James.

I hope this does not turn out to be a bad omen for the Mets season. With all the worries about Pedro's toe my presence may serve as a jinx.

In October I watched the Giants beat the Redskins 36-0. When I wasn't at the game the Redskins won 35-20. A 51 point swing.

Earlier in January the Knicks were streaking, had won 6 in a row. Then The Concierge took me to the game against Minnesota on Martin Luther King Day. The Knicks are 2-18 since.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul,

This will be a great time. Nothing beats Opening Day!

Scott said...

They said it couldn't be done. Too much bad blood. Clashing personalities. But it appears as though Paulestine and SCZrael have made peace, culminating in a declaration to be signed Monday, April 3rd at Shea Stadium. UN negoatiator Shawn Jems deserves much of the credit for this, as he's been dying to meet Paul since declaring his blog "better than yours, Sceeeeza."

This is going to be either a complete disaster or absolutely hilarious, if Paul can get the day off.

Anonymous said...

How could you two not get along? Two Jewish media titans who love sports, ladies and making obnoxious comments clashing in their more youthful days? I don't get it, haha.

The missing ingredient here is an Irish guy who is going to ply them w/ alcohol while we root for PEDRO and our beloved Mets on OPENING DAY!

Too bad you guys didn't have me in college, you would have been the best of friends! Although I still feel a sense of relief that you ended up in different media markets...

Paul said...

I hate drinking at stadia (correct plural form). It's bad enough they jack the ticket prices up by $20 they charge $6 for a watered down beer. Plus I have a small bladder and hate to miss the action (I have to keep score) by running to the bathroom between innings.

Anonymous said...

You guys might want to think twice before taking Paul with you to the game. He is a mush.

Mike said...

I went to one baseball game with Paul. ONE
We both had horrible allergies. It was the worst experience ever. Tissues everywhere.

Anonymous said...

Does a real man comment on his small bladder? Haha, jk Paul..

Scott said...

We'll make a man out of him. We'll load up the BuzzBoat with Miller Lite and park by the World's Fair globe so Paul has ample access to Portapotties.