Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Classic HIMYM

Monday's How I Met Your Mother was one of the best ever. If you haven't seen it yet but plan to...stop reading now.
The jist of the plot, Robin begins dating the typical pompous news anchor to make Ted jealous. Barney convinces Ted to hire a hooker as his date to make Robin jealous. Turns out the girl wasn't a hooker but a paralegal, which made for some great double entendre jokes. "One client was riding me all day. Talk about anal."
Marshall continually lawyering Barney was also hysterical.
But the best part was the lampooning of Robin's date, in particular his "In Today's Papers" segment.
"what do you do Ted?"
"The same thing as you, except after I finish reading the papers, I finish my coffee and go to work."
I have e-mailed Pat Kiernan about this and await comment. So far all he said was that he had not seen the episode but that other people had e-mailed him about it.

No comments: