Friday, April 28, 2006

Day Two With Carson

I love Carson even more today. He once again arrived about half an hour early, by himself. This time I spent some time getting the shot ready. He looked at the suit, was actually impressed that it really looked good. He was so knowledgeable, and he took it seriously while having fun. He was really ironing, and showing Andy how and where to iron, all while saying things like "it's getting hot and steamy in here." He then made a series of gay jokes about our floor manager Bruce, including telling Andy matter-of-factly that Bruce was tossing and turning all night last night, but that's usually what happens when Bruce gets drunk. At one point I was being a pain so someone said "get out of here Paul." Then Carson followed up with a "yeah Paul." After the segment was over I went into the greenroom to get a bagel, I offered him something and then he put his hand on my shoulder and said "no thank you Paul." He remembered my name. As he was leaving the makeup artist told him he was the nicest person that's ever come through there. And Wendy sees everyone. He thanked her and was very gracious. What a nice man.

No comments: