Thursday, April 27, 2006

I Fought the Law and I Won

The sordid tale of Paul and the parking ticket is over. The night of Matt's birthday party I parked in a zone that had no parking after 1am. I stayed in the bar until around 2. When I came outside I had a $115 parking ticket. But I beat it.
I would like to thank Matt for having a birthday, and for having his party on a street with night time parking restrictions. I would like to thank Julie and Emily for making me wait to see them do karaoke. I'd like to thank the Concierge for encouraging me to fight the ticket, "an incorrectly filled out ticket is invalid and not enforceable." I'd like to thank the judge who fairly dismissed the ticket. But most of all I have to thank the idiot meter maid who incorrectly copied down my license plate and also incorrectly filled out the restricted times from the sign onto the ticket. And I'd also like to thank Jesus Christ. I can beat all tickets through Christ who strengthens me.

One interesting side note, since my license plate was wrong I thought if I never fought the ticket, they wouldn't be able to come after me since the only identifying information was recorded incorrectly. I called the Concierge and he said "they'll never find you. You hear me, they'll never fuckin find you. Never!"


They printed this on special scented paper...it smells...like...victory

No comments: