Saturday, June 03, 2006

I'm Finally Home

Just got home from Shea after about 10 hours. Of all the bad ideas I've had in my life this doubleheader was one of the worst. We sat through a 150 minute rain delay before the first game even started. Our seats were so far back in the mezzanine, that we couldn't even watch the Diamond Vision entertainment.
I got so bored that I decided to take a walk underneath on the concourse and I missed the most exciting a part. A photographer came by and took pictures which the Mets try to sell you. So I didn't even get in the picture with my dad.



The second most exciting part was that during the rain delays on the scoreboard the Mets played a steroids Public Service Announcement and the crowd went wild each time.

I left Subway at 11:30 am and arrived home at 11:30 pm. In the interim I ate a Subway roast beef sandwich, and at the game I had a hot dog, chicken tenders with fries, popcorn and a soda. $20.25 on food at Shea.

Once the games started it wasn't that bad. Most of the short break between games we spent waiting for food. There were 40,000 people there for the first game (or tickets sold, but there were a lot of people) but probably 5,000 stayed for the start of game 2. Those Shea seats are not comfortable enough to sit in for 10 hours. Therefore I can type no more, I am going to go lie down and will write my game recaps in the morning.

One lonely fan braves the rain delay, thousands of fans were packed onto the concourse of the field level

No comments: