Thursday, June 01, 2006

Lastings Milledge Rookies

Lastings Milledge made his rookie card debut in the 2004 Bowman set. Pictured below are the regular and gold versions. Right now the cards list for $2 and $5 for the gold. They will probably double now that he is in the majors. Last year, or the year before I went to a card show with the Mike formerly known as Coach. (We have two Mikes reading this blog and I fear a Pizza Parlor Derek/Georgia Derek confusion situation is arising.) Mike bought one, maybe two packs of 2004 Bowman and got the Lastings Milledge. He immediately said "that was a waste of money" but I warned him that Milledge was a top prospect. I can't confirm the veracity of this story because Mike refuses to check his closet for the card.

2004 Bowman and Bowman Gold Lastings Milledge rookie cards

1 comment:

Mike said...

I have the card but you messed up the story. I got Milledge another time. I have to go look through my cards again and see what I got. Baseball cards will always be better than any other sport because of stats. When you look at the back of the card the stats they mean something where as football and basketball stats don't mean a thing.