Monday, February 12, 2007

Tiki Barber's Future

Tiki Barber will work for NBC next year after spending most of the NFL season entertaining bids from various networks for jobs in both news and sports.
He will be introduced Tuesday at a network news conference.
Barber will work both on the "Today" show and on the network's Sunday night football show.
It is unlikely he would be in the broadcast booth with the longtime team of Al Michaels and John Madden, but he probably be on the pregame and halftime shows.
Barber, who had worked in the offseason at Fox, had considered offers from that network and ESPN/ABC for news-sports roles.
For the record I don't blame Barber for wanting to do more than just be a football player. I never thought he quit on his team and think he had a long and successful career and I think he is making a wise decision to leave before he gets hurt.
I'm also glad he won't be joining the evil empire although I think the "Today" show is shit too.

No comments: