Friday, March 16, 2007

First Day Thoughts

I went 14-2, not too shabby. Michael has the early lead at 15-1 losing only Old Dominion. He has VCU winning again, over Pittsburgh.

I always get Gonzaga wrong. The years they did well I had them going out early. And the years when they didn't do well, I had them advancing.

I hate Bill Simmons. He made four jokes about Bobby Knight looking dead when he actuality he looked normal and got fired up and screamed at his players like usual. That's my problem with Simmons. When you can't find something to be funny about, make something up and repeat it so often that people will think it's true/funny.

Dick Enberg is past his prime. His "oh my" is a little passe and some of his other expression are also dated.
Enberg: "He's streaking down the court."
Poop: Someone is running naked on the floor.

Enberg: "Dudley gets an easy deuce."
Poop: I don't care about his bowel movements, but maybe he needs some iron in his diet.

That Duke came was rough. Literally. That guy Maynor was out of control. He was swinging his arms Kobe-esque (payback for Gerald Henderson). He also got under Paulus' skin. But a few times I saw Maynor grab guys, or bump into guys after the whistle. He knew he wouldn't get a foul called, he was just being a dick. Sort of like playing with Jim Lane.

But Maynor did hit some big shots.

Every year an 11 wins, and a 12 wins. I was really thinking Winthrop would knock of Notre Dame, but now I'm not so sure. I still think Illinois or Arkansas will win. Tennessee is the other 5 seed and I have faith in them against Long Beach State.

After a slow start the Duke-VCU game and the Xavier-BYU game were very exciting.

Michigan State might be able to give UNC some trouble on Saturday.

PPKA is pissed that Oral went down.

Let's do it all over again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your pool was the only one in which I didn't pick VCU. Damnit! I like their chances against Pitt too.

Anonymous said...

Besides Gus Johnson, Dick Enberg is the 2nd other play-by-play guy I'd want to listen to from CBS. Ian Eagle and Kevin Harland are the only other 2. Vern Lunquist, Nance, and Tim Brando are over rated.