Saturday, March 17, 2007

Oden's Foul

SCZA texted me to say Greg Oden's fifth foul was too rough and should have been more than just a regular foul.

I agree Oden shoved the dude out of bounds but when I watched it again I could see that Oden's left arm was being held. When he finally pulled it free it was too late to get the rebound and he was frustrated and he leveled the guy.

Seth Davis later explained that intentional foul is for fouls made while not playing the ball. Oden was, so they would have had to give him a flagrant foul for excessive force. But that's usually reserved for a punch, a slap or throwing someone down.

Oden may have gotten away with one but I think Xavier got away with plenty on him all game.

Like Shaq Oden is going to leave early because he is constantly being held and grabbed.

No comments: