Thursday, March 15, 2007

Inside My Bracket

I picked Florida to beat Ohio State in the final. This reminds me of 2005 when UNC and Illinois were the best teams.

I have UCLA and Texas filling out my Final Four. Texas reminds me of Syracuse in 2003. Durant is just that good. But I worry their long run in the Big 12 tournament will hurt.

My 12 over 5 is Illinois over Virginia Tech.
My 11 over 6 in Winthrop over Notre Dame.
I do not have a 13 over a 4 although it happens almost every year. If it happens this year it'll be Albany over Virginia or Holy Cross over Southern Illinois.

I hope that doesn't happen because I picked Southern Illinois to make the Elite 8 against UCLA by knocking of Kansas. Here's my logic:
1) The Salukis are a great defensive team. They play a slowdown style which limits the number of possessions which reduces the advantage a more talented team would have over them.
2) Kansas is a very young team which could be frustrated by tough physical defense.
3) Kansas chokes every year.
4) Clyde Frazier is a Saluki.
5) Salukis are dogs.

My other big upset is Nevada beating Memphis and Texas ATM. Whenever I pick a 7 or 10 seed to win a couple games, they always lose in the first round. But they've never had Nick Fazekas before.

No other major surprises in my bracket.

No comments: