Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What Were You Watching?

About 12 million people thought their cable went out Sunday night. That's how many people watched the Sopranos finale on HBO. It was the fourth best rated show in HBO history, the top 3 are all Sopranos episodes, Season 4 premiere, Season 4 finale and Season 5 premiere, in that order.

Game 2 of the NBA Finals was watched by about 7.7 million people.

TV ratings are so confusing, even I don't understand the difference between ratings, share, and all that shit. I just want to know how many people were watching.

The Nielsen ratings system is also obsolete, I have to believe that closer to 20 million people actually watched The Sopranos, when you count the massive amounts of people who DVRed the sucker, and the groups of people who watched it together.

To prove my point, 13 million people watched America's Got Talent. I don't believe for a second that more people watched that than the Sopranos. I understand the cable vs. network thing, but I don't hear anyone talking about the premiere of AGT.

No comments: