Monday, June 11, 2007

Goodbye Friend

The saddest part of the Sopranos finale is that I have to say goodbye to an old friend. I first fell in love with Meadow during my senior year at Syracuse after the show's first season. She came to visit a friend of hers who was going to Syracuse and I was the only one in the crowded bar with enough guts to go talk to her. She was so sweet and so nice and every time I called her Meadow she said "it's Jamie." But I had just started dating Mrs. Poop back then so things were not to be for Meadow, I mean Jamie, and me. But we remained friends, I even renamed the Meadowlands the PaulsFriendLands in her honor. Through her eating disorder and her divorce, I was always there for her. I will always love Meadow Soprano, even though I have to say goodbye.

from the final episode
so pretty
awards show Meadow
young Meadow
bondage Meadow
First Maxim photo shoot, from the show's early years
not a girl, not yet a woman
second Maxim photo shoot
now she's all woman
even as Heidi Fleiss she'll always be Meadow to me
sassy meadow
even Meadow at her worst is better than most girls at their best
This is how I'll always remember Meadow
few things in this world are better than a hot chick who loves powerful breeds

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I may not have had the guts to talk to her, but I certainly had the guts to throw beer on her...