Saturday, December 08, 2007

Weekly Picks

Thanks to the disappointing Patriots I am starting to sink. I've still been pretty hot overall and haven't lost too much ground over a 5 week stretch in which I got only 1 best bet right. If I (and by I, I mean the Patriots) can cover the next 3 weeks I think I will be in first place entering the playoffs. But it begins this week, with these picks:

dallas -10 DETROIT
I said about 4 weeks ago that Dallas might not lose another game and Detroit might not win another one. I'm not ready to change my mind.

tampa bay -2 1/2 HOUSTON
I've picked games involving the Buccaneers 4 times this year (twice for, twice against) and I have been wrong every time. But I have a rule, if the spread is less than 3 points and you are sure you know which team is better, pick them.

CINCINNATI -6 st. louis
Brock Berlin is starting for the Rams.

cleveland -3 1/2 NEW YORK JETS
The Jets are frisky lately and could play the Browns tough at home. I think the Browns are pissed about the way they lost last week and I think they are capable of putting up more points than Kellen Clemens can match. But Jets fans should at least get a good show at Gate D at halftime, the team's first home game since that lovely halftime ritual was exposed.

Best Bet
NEW ENGLAND -10 pittsburgh

Pittsburgh is terrible on the road, losing to Arizona, Denver and the Jets. The Patriots have had two straight close games against teams that controlled the ball and blitzed the shit out of Tom Brady. But the reason I'm giving them another shot (I seriously considered a week off before hopping back on for Jets and Dolphins) is because the Pats bandwagon crashed when everyone jumped on. Now everyone piled off and the line dropped by 3 points in 2 days. Hopefully that's a sign that the worm has turned back around.

Last Week: 3-2 (2 points)
Season so far: 37-28 (38 points - T-5th, 3 points out of 1st)
Best bet: 0-1 (7-6)
Home favorites: 3-0 (15-7)
Home underdogs: 0-0 (3-0)
Road favorites: 0-1 (16-12)
Road underdogs: 0-0 (3-8)
Pick em: 0-1 (0-1)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only 3 picks I took:

Pat-10
Vikes -9
Broncos -6

Yeah!!!