Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Let's Get the World Series Started

I love baseball. I love the World Series. I am excited about it. I don't care which two teams are playing, I can't wait to watch the games.
The coverage leading up to this series typifies everything I hate about the mainstream sports media. They seem to hate sports. All they can talk about is what a ratings nightmare this is for Fox. Who gives a shit about the ratings?
If it's a good series I'll enjoy watching it, even if I'm the only one.
I don't hear hardly anyone talking about the unlikelihood of the Rays stunning reversal of fortune in one year going from worst to beating the Red Sox and Yankees and maybe becoming the World Series champion.
And if that's not enough reason to root for the plucky Rays and their roster full of young up and coming superstars, they are playing the Phillies.
The most reviled, disgusting hideous fan base in all the world hasn't won a championship in 25 years. Because they don't deserve it.
I'll be watching because I want to see those awful fans suffer some more.
I want to see the start of a Rays dynasty.
I want to see David Price face Chase Utley and Ryan Howard protecting a 1-run lead in the 9th inning of every single game.
I don't care about Fox's ratings or if these idiot newspaper writers don't care about it because they don't think the two teams are high-profile enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!....(think i may have to root for the NL here though)