Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekly Picks

Another very strong week keeps our hot streak going. A lot of big upsets last week, we're going to see if those teams can bounce back.

dallas -7 ST. LOUIS
I can never remember a team going through so many lineup changes in one week. They're going to be a completely different team. Thankfully for them they get to play the Rams. A really awful team coming off a win. I doubt the Rams can make it two in a row.

NEW YORK GIANTS -11 san francisco
No way in hell the Giants lose two in a row. Now the question is can they cover this huge spread. I think the Giants offense will bounce back with another huge game at home, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a similar score to the one they put on the Seahawks 2 weeks ago.

indianapolis -1 1/2 GREEN BAY
I think the Colts and Peyton Manning are back.

seattle +11 TAMPA BAY
I just don't love the Buccaneers offense that much. I know the Seahawks are putrid but we only need them to keep it close.

BEST BET
new york jets -3 OAKLAND

This is a pretty small spread. As overrated as I think the Jets are, and as bad as Brett Favre is with turning the ball over, I can't see them losing to the Raiders. They still have to win by more than a field goal but I really think the Raiders are that bad, as long as Favre doesn't start slinging it around, the Jets should win this game by 20.

Last week: 4-1 (5 points)
Season: 18-12 (24 points)
Best Bets: 1-0 (6-0)
Home Favorites: 1-0 (6-5)
Home Underdogs: 1-0 (2-0)
Road Favorites: 0-0 (6-1)
Road Underdogs: 2-1 (4-5)
Road Pickems: 0-0 (0-1)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm disgusted. I take back everything I said about the Jets. They're just like the Mets Paul. At least you dodged the bullet on that one.

Anonymous said...

Tough week, Paul. Such is the life of a gambler.

Anonymous said...

But for that ridiculous safety, Giants would not have cover....Bookies must be pulling hair!!!! Same with Dallas.