Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's Finally Here

After 4 months of waiting we finally get to see the Final Table of the Main Event of the World Series of Poker.
The event is over by now, but somehow I've restrained myself and haven't read any updates about the Final Table.
I cannot wait to watch the 2 hours of coverage on ESPN tonight.
The favorites are pros Chino Rheem and Ivan Demidov (who had a 3rd place at the WSOP-Europe Main Event). Chipleader Dennis Phillips and another experienced player, Scott Montgomery (he has a WPT Final Table finish) are also top contenders.
But I'm going with the Jew from Brooklyn, Ylon Schwartz.
I think most of the guys who made the final 9 did so with loose, aggressive play. I think the layoff will make those players tighten up a little bit. Also more information is available on these players, (even the previously unknown ones), another factor that contribute to tigther play.
So I think the guy who is more methodical, more mathematical will have an advantage under these circumstances.
But a little luck can't hurt.
Please if you know the results don't comment.
Thanks.

No comments: