Monday, January 02, 2006

Sobel Makes the Call

When the Redskins were 5-6 my mom invited us over for Hanukkah dinner on January 1st. At the time I thought there was no way the game would be meaningful for Washington. When I found out how important it was I told my mom that we should try to eat early. It didn't quite work out that way. I watched the entire first half (and almost got an ulcer) but my mom served dinner just as the second half was starting. I was running back and forth from the dining room to the TV. After the Redskins punted to start the fourth quarter I sat down for a few minutes. Then Sobel called. He screamed "huge play," and told me about Lemar Marshall's interception. I sprinted down the hall. He was shocked that I was eating dinner during the game. "Tell your mom to make you a plate and eat in front of the TV. Tell her I said it's ok." My mom consented and I watched the rest of the game while scarfing down chicken cutlets. Thanks Jay.

No comments: