Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Nappy Headed Hos To Speak

Rutgers women's basketball team will hold a news conference this morning. I expect C. Vivian Stringer and maybe one player (probably Essence Carson) to speak.
I hope they say something like this:

"We do not accept Don Imus' apology. His words were hurtful and offensive and we view them as a personal attack. But we do not wish for him to be fired. We hope that he is allowed back on the air and that all the people who detest his remarks will stop listening and watching him. And all the companies that advertise on his shows will no longer do so. That is the only way to show that this type of speech will not be tolerated. But Imus is not the only one using these words. All over America young black men call young black women hos, and worse, and that is a much bigger problem. So we don't want to waste our time worrying about the thoughts of one old white man when a much bigger problem exists. We are proud of the great season we had as a team this year and we deeply regret that our sensational run to the NCAA title game has been marred by and inextricably linked to this current controversy."

2 comments:

focks said...

I would hope Rutgers would allow Juice to respond for the nappy hos.

Anonymous said...

AGREED!!! so here goes....

There are! I say there are so many amendments in the constitution of the United States of Americaaaa! I can only choose one! I can only choose ooooooone! I plead the fif! I plead the fif! FIVE! 1,2,3,4, fiiiif! Anything you say! FIIIF! Go ahead and ask me a question!....