Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hall of Fame Voting is a Joke

I could do this every year and maybe I will because every year a bunch of mediocre players get votes for the Hall of Fame. I don't understand how this happens. Is it just a local sportswriter doing something nice for a guy who was nice to him during his career? Either way it's inappropriate and every writer who does it should be stripped of his vote.

Here are this year's vote getters:

Rod Beck 2
Travis Fryman 2
Robb Nenn 2
Shawon Dunston 1
Chuck Finley 1
David Justice 1
Chuck Knoblauch 1
Todd Stottlemyre 1

Brady Anderson definitely would have gotten 1 except the writers are taking a stand against steroids users, remember? But who did Jose Rijo piss off?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted for Travis Fryman..

Anonymous said...

Travis didn't deserve my vote.