Friday, January 18, 2008

Weekly Picks

I made a huge move last week with a couple of ballsy picks ("a little guts here") but I'm still not in the clear. Currently I am in a 4-way tie for 7th (8 people cash). I can conceivably finish as high as 3rd, but the only way to cash is if I get the 3 remaining games right. Or at least this week's best bet and the Super Bowl. Because guts worked so well last week I'm forsaking them this week and going with the favorites. Here's the thing about upsets, in the NCAA tournament and the NFL Playoffs, they're fun early but they usually lead to lopsided games in the end. I'm counting on that to be true.

GREEN BAY -7 new york giants
I'm not too worried about the weather. The biggest factors in this decision are that all good things must come to an end, Brett Favre is playing out of his mind, the Giants have too many injuries, especially in the secondary to deal with a team that passes as well and as often as the Packers do. For this special week I'll give a score: Green Bay 28 New York 20.

Best bet
NEW ENGLAND -14 san diego

The only thing that concerns me here is that the Patriots defense has been so bad they haven't been stopping anybody. And that killer instinct from earlier in the season has been absent. I don't pay any attention to the Moss situation or the Olshansky comments, all that matters here is that the Patriots are much better and much healthier. Final score: New England 34 San Diego 13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i would hardly call your predicted scor of 28 - 20 lopsided, but don't be surprised if the Giants pull this one out. GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!