Thursday, January 17, 2008

What I Should Have Said Theater

This is what LeBron James should have said about a speeding ticket he got for driving 101 miles per hour in a 65 mph zone late at night on December 30 (his birthday) on his way home after a game. LeBron's reaction was very blase, playing it off and saying that his Benz's speedometer actually shows speeds of up to 200.

This is what LeBron James should have said:
"I was doing 101. That's it. I was speeding. I've just got to abide by the law. I got caught. I made a mistake, and I'll live with it. I wasn't drunk. I was just speeding. That's it."

Note: that is part of what he did say, so he had it half right, but he needed to add this:

"But I also understand that given my profession and my influence on kids things like that can't happen. Too many kids look up to me for me to behave so irresponsibly. I don't want to look like I'm condoning driving 36 miles above the speed limit. The next time I drive 100 I'll be in a racecar on a track somewhere. Maybe I'll build one in my backyard. I've got the land, and the money."

No comments: