Friday, January 18, 2008

Idol Chatter

So the first four hours of American Idol audtions are through and I must say I did enjoy them but so far nothing or no one stood out (on the good side).

I know most people love these early rounds for all the bad singers, but I just don't get it.
The bad singers like deep voice guy may make you laugh for a couple seconds but after a while they get annoying.

I hate when they make fun of freaks like Alexis Cohen and the fact that she is poor and has to live in a one-room apartment with her mom.
The Princess Leia girl also made me sad because she really seemed hurt by it, even though she casually admitted to being a dork, you could tell that label hurt her.
And what about the guy sang Living on a Prayer, clearly he had family issues.

I did find the stalker guy's song to be hysterical because it was clever and he obviously wasn't serious about it.

I also thought the hairy guy in the skirt was kind of funny because once again he wasn't serious, so he was in on the joke.

I prefer when they have nice stories about good singers.
Like the girl who was almost killed in a car accident and she was so nervous she could barely sing.
And the girl with the sick daughter who had her whole family waiting outside.

Kady Malloy seems destined to follow in the footsteps of Katharine McPhee and especially Haley and slut it up should she make the top 12.

Of course, my favorite so far is Nina Shaw.

Oh, one more thing, I am Your Brother.

Note: All the links you see are to youtube clips of the auditions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paul, you must admit that the William Defoe comment about Alexis Cohen was both brilliant and hilarious.