Monday, September 29, 2008

They Did It To Me Again

Even though I knew it was coming, I got my hopes up -- only to have the Mets let me down again.
This game was a microcosm for the season; a decent starting pitching performance from a guy who didn't go deep enough who turned it over to a bullpen who blew it. But the real story (in this game and this year) is the Mets offense which can never seem to get a hit in a big spot.
And this last week was a microcosm for life as a Mets fan. They build you up, then break you down. As soon as you start to give up, they give you reason to believe. And as soon as you start to believe, they stomp on your heart.
I guess this is the life I have chosen for myself and my son, and though I'm dying inside right now I can't wait for next year to start.
I just wish we could have said good-bye to Shea under better circumstances.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why would Mr. Pesemistic/realistic believe they had on on chance? I thought that goes againt your whole way of life? Terrible idea to have the shea tribute post-game