Saturday, October 04, 2008

Weekly Picks

I keep chopping wood nailing all my best bets but haven't been able to breakthrough with that huge week.

tennessee -2 BALTIMORE
I've picked against the Ravens every single week and I've been wrong all three times. I'm going to try it again and hope that the Titans strong defense will finally make Joe Flacco look like the rookie he is.

CAROLINA -10 kansas city
The Chiefs got their one surprise victory out of the way. Now they have to go on the road against a pretty tough team. Ten is a lot of points to lay, but the thing about bad teams is, they're bad. And they're especially bad on the road, and after wins. If they could win on the road and after wins they'd be good teams.

new england -3 SAN FRANCISCO
Ok, so the loss to the Miami was embarrassing but I think that will be even more motivation for the Patriots to come out of their bye week on fire. I just don't see the 49ers as a good team at all. They may try to do some different things with Frank Gore but I think the Patriots will be ready.

DALLAS -17 cincinnati
I'm picking an old-fashioned blowout for a team that is pretty pissed off after losing to the Redskins last week.

BEST BET
NEW YORK GIANTS -7 seattle seahawks

I just don't think the Seahawks are any good at all this year. They may make the playoffs by beating up on the teams in the worst division in football, but this time they face a team from the best division in football. The Giants had a tough test at home against the Bengals and after the bye week should be ready to blow someone out. I think the absence of Plaxico Burress is beating overrated by the oddsmakers and gamblers.

Last week: 3-2 (4 points - 14 total)
Best Bets: 1-0 (4-0)
Home Favorites: 1-1 (3-4)
Home Underdogs: 1-0 (1-0)
Road Favorites: 1-0 (4-1)
Road Underdogs: 0-1 (2-4)
Road Pickems: 0-0 (0-1)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Giants are on fire. The best team in the NFL. Guess they don't miss me.