Saturday, September 27, 2008

Weekly Picks

A dominating performance by the San Diego Chargers saved me from a disastrous week. Through three weeks I'm under .500 overall but by nailing all three of my best bets I've posted a respectable score.

KANSAS CITY +9 1/2 denver
Call me crazy but I like Damon Huard's ability to put some points on the board against a terrible defense. We've seen lots of times this year already when a veteran quarterback comes in, he brings a steady hand and improves the team's performance. The Broncos can score a lot, but they give up a lot as well. This is a big number to get for a home team and I think the Chiefs might be able to cover it with a late score.

atlanta +7 1/2 CAROLINA
I really like what the Falcons have done so far this season. Matt Ryan is playing well but I'm really making this pick because of Michael Turner. If he can churn up 100 yards and 2 TDs they'll definitely be within a touchdown. The Panthers historicaly are a team that disappoints gamblers, when you think they're good they let you down. I can definitely see that happening again.

PITTSBURGH -5 1/2 baltimore
I know the Steelers didn't look good against the Eagles but I just can't believe in the Ravens yet. You're telling me a rookie quarterback is going to go into Pittsburgh on a Monday night and keep it close? I'm still skeptical, but maybe I'll be a believer soon.

san diego -7 OAKLAND
The Chargers, and Tomlinson especially, always seem to dominate the Raiders. And they're still 1-2 so they can't afford a letdown against a bad team.

BEST BET
NEW ORLEANS -6 san francisco

The Saints have been putting a lot of points on the board and Reggie Bush is really emerging as the all-around threat the Texans hoped he wouldn't be when they passed on him in the draft. Sure they don't play much defense but the 49ers aren't exacly world beaters and with the spread under a touchdown, I think the Saints will cover.



Last week: 2-3 (3 points - 10 total)
Best Bets: 1-0 (3-0)
Home Favorites: 2-1 (2-3)
Home Underdogs: 0-0 (0-0)
Road Favorites: 0-0 (3-1)
Road Underdogs: 0-2 (2-3)
Road Pickems: 0-0 (0-1)

No comments: