Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What a Weekend

The Poop Family took full advantage of the beautiful weather and made the most out of this last weekend of summer.
Saturday morning we woke up early (as we do every morning thanks to Chase) and played for a little while before finally getting our asses in gear.
We went to Panera bread for lunch because soup in a bread bowl is delicious no matter how warm it is outside.
Then I went to buy a new suit because the holidays are coming up. I got a gray suit with a blue shirt and orange tie (because orange is my favorite color). The guy kept trying to sell me some more fashionable shirt and tie combinations and I didn't want to tell him that I hate clothes and think his whole fashion industry is a sham. But I just kept saying "it's not me" until he got the message.
Then we took Diesel to the dog park so he could run around a little bit. Chase watched from the side and yelled "gog." Some guy had two adorable pit bull puppies tied to the fence (because they were too young to go inside) and Chase pointed at them.
Chase went on the swing for a little while which he loves, but always holds on to the metal, so Mrs. Poop obsessively Purells his hands.
We went home, got cleaned up and went out to dinner at Ruby Tuesday's where I had the most delicious chicken ever. It was a fried chicken breast covered in BBQ sauce, cheese and fried onion strips. Delicious.
Then we came home put Chase and Mrs. Poop to bed while I watched the Mets and some college football.
In the morning, we went to a farmer's market because I found these delicious pickles the last time we went there. I've never been able to find those pickles you get at a kosher deli. Until now. Last time I only bought a pint, and that was gone in less than two days. So this time I bought a half-gallon of the full sours. That may have been too much. But they are delicious.
Then we went to Whole Foods to pick up some organic milk for Chase which is twice as expensive as gas, even though all you have to do to get it is squeeze a cow's tit. Whereas to get gas you have drill thousands of feet under the ocean, transport it in a special tanker, refine it, drive it to New Jersey and have some unhappy lout pump it into my car. Seems like gas is a lot more work.
Whole Foods is a happening place, everytime we go there we run into one of Mrs. Poop's mommy friends. This time we saw a little girl named Shea whose parents are changing her name to CitiField next year.
When we got home I mowed the lawn because it was growing like weeds, then Chase napped while I watched football. After dinner and after football we walked to Baskin-Robbins for ice cream.
As a bonus on Monday morning we went to Target (for popcorn of course) and Costco.
Mrs. Poop was furious that I wore my LaDanian Tomlinson jersey to antagonize the Jets fans.
But the Chargers covered the spread so up yours Jets fans!

No comments: