Friday, September 26, 2008

My Cupholder is Broken

Robert Half Technology, a California-based company that provides information technology professionals, asked 1,400 chief information officers about the strangest queries their help desks had ever received.
Here's a look at some of the oddest questions that IT executives reported receiving:
-- "My computer is telling me to press any key to continue. Where is the 'any' key?"
-- "Can you reset the Internet for me?"
-- "Can you rearrange the keyboard alphabetically?"
-- "My laptop was run over by a truck. What should I do?"
Some people wanted answers to make their lives a little less stressful. They asked:
-- "How can I block e-mail from my manager?"
-- "Can I open the bank safe using my computer?"
-- "Can you install cable TV on my PC?"
-- "I'd like to stop receiving e-mail on Fridays."

And some demanded entirely too much:
-- "I'd like wireless computer access in my motor home."
-- "How long does it take to bake a potato in a microwave?"
-- "My daughter is locked in the bathroom, can you pick the lock?"
-- "Where can I get software to track UFOs?"

No comments: