Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Clay is Gay

I guess Kelly Ripa knew what she was talking about when she objected to Clay Aiken placing his hand over her mouth.
Aiken has finally come out of the closet, tired of keeping the world's worst-kept secret.
He tells People Magazine "I cannot raise a child to lie or hide things."



In case you didn't know Aiken had a child with a female friend by artificial insemination.

The aforementioned Kelly Ripa situation is an example of how poorly this secret was kept. When Ripa said "I don't know where your hands have been," she obviously meant they were wrapped around some dude's cock, or worse, up some dude's ass. Noted lesbian Rosie O'Donnell understood the subtext of those remarks and called Kelly a homophobe. And when she and Kelly debated the issue on "The View" they both ignored the fact that Aiken was still pretending to be a straight man.

And although I have no particular fondness for Aiken, I have no reason to dislike him either. And since my stated objective in life is to "live and let live" I hope Aiken's admission will grant him some peace of mind and make him a happier person and a better father to his child.

No comments: