Thursday, December 29, 2005

You Picked the Wrong Time

Lavar Arrington is declaring an end of his career with the Redskins.
"I'm not wanted here. I believe in my heart that the Redskins faithful love me as Ravens fans love Ray Lewis or Packers fans love Brett Favre. Some individuals hate it that there are more of my jerseys in the stands than anyone else's."
I love Lavar and he has been my favorite player on the team from the day we drafted him. Bill was right that Bulluck would be a better pro, so far. But I still love Lavar. I just wish he wouldn't have done this right before a huge quasi-playoff game.
I agree with him that the Redskins screwed him over. He got hurt, they stopped playing him, then trashed him by calling him a freelancer. And the defense has played much better and forced turnovers since he started playing again. And yes, its true, the Redskins won't pick up his option next year, they'll cut his ass and save a bunch of money (He is due $12 million in 2006, and he likely will be cut before a July 15 deadline in his contract that calls for him to be paid $6.5 million if he still is on the roster), even though he restructured to help the team in the past.
If Lavar goes to another team (he hinted at retirement), I will get his jersey on whatever team he goes to (NFC rivals excluded).
I think I would cry if I had to see him in Giant blue.


Mike Sobel remembers the Lavar Leap

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can totally see him with the Big Blue Wrecking Crew. I will even give him my #56 jersey for some blow....