Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Winter Olympics Coverage

Now that football season is over, I am turning my attention to the Winter Olympics. A few thoughts:
1) Every media outlet is granting the city's request that it be called Turino. I will call it Turin. We call Roma, Rome and Firenze, Florence, we should call the city by the same we've always known it in English. If New York ever gets the Olympics will every country have to call it New York, not Nueva York?
2) I don't particularly like hockey, but the Olympic hockey tournament is very exciting.
3) I'll try to post some pictures of questionably sexy female athletes throughout the games. I will also try to understand why Pizza Parlor Derek hates Lindsey Jacobellis.
4) We will have to figure how to keep the DVR clear while watching 200 hours of skiing and skating.
5) I love Michelle Kwan but I feel badly for Emily Hughes. Her sister Sarah, winning the gold in 2002 was one of my favorite Olympic moments ever. Kate's favorite Olympic moment is the announcer's overzealous description of Jonny Moseley's dinner roll. "He's kneading the dough, he's preheating the oven, the yeast is rising..."
6) I promise several references to Pizza Parlor Derek's mother and her pigheaded insistence that a blatantly gay skater was straight.

No comments: