Thursday, April 06, 2006

Same Old Mets

Every guy that comes here becomes horrible.
I guess Billy Wagner should give up "Enter Sandman" if he is going to blow games like Braden Looper. A win last night would have been huge heading into Pedro's start tonight. But the bullpen bit us in the ass again.
And don't even get me started on Jorge Julio. At least he performed in line with expectations. All year we are going to have to put up with Willie trotting him out there and him giving up home runs.
And Beltran. Big problems for Beltran. First inning, first and second and no one out, and he strikes out.
For $119 million he needs to start producing in those situations.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul,

I agree completely. A great closer is only supposed to blow 4 or 5 games a year. Lets hope this is just one of them.

As far as Beltran goes, ugh!

Zimmerman: This is not the way I wanted to be right about him. He could wait a couple of games to start tearing up the games best pitchers.

Paul, you had to have thought of our conversation when he did that. Since he's the primary reason you don't play fantasy ball, b/c of that conflict.

I'm proud of the kid, just not happy that it happened. I think he's going to be a real good one. That Wagner fastball was up in his eyes..you don't see many hitters turn on those.

Anonymous said...

tough loss but you can't blame wagner.

Paul said...

A good closer blows 4 or 5 games a year, correct. Benitez used to blow 6 but they always came at the worst times.
Zimmerman is the exact example why I don't do fantasy baseball. Jems was elated when he hit the homer, and therefore compromised his love for the Mets.
And yes, you can blame Wagner. It's too early to completely write him off but he deserves blame for the loss.

Anonymous said...

Paul,

I wasn't ELATED, haha. I root for my players during non critical situations. Had he hit that homer in the 4th inning it might have been another story...

My hopes for this season are too high for me to be happy about losing this game. With Pedro tossing tonight it would have been a great opportunity to sweep the series starting the season. I was saddened that we lost..