Friday, April 07, 2006

Would Jesus Give a Curtain Call?

After Carlos Beltran finally broke through last night with a two run homer, his first hit of the season, he resisted coming out for a curtain call. Mets elder statesman Julio Franco convinced him to come out, so he did. After the game he talked about being a Christian and about Jesus and how Jesus would have come out for the curtain call. But you could tell that he was still angry, asking why should he forgive fans who booed him. I hope he realizes that only a small majority was booing. I was not booing him on Monday. I do think he will never succeed here, but I think it's because of the fans. I think it's clear that he has let the fans affect him. I hope this doesn't become a long running feud. I hope the fans get off his back, I hope he ignores the booing and I hope he starts to hit better. That will solve all the problems.

Car-Los Beltran

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you say Bobby Bo all over again? Cripey!!