Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Perpetrate a Scam on the Mets

I received an e-mail from the Mets saying that with the purchase of any full-priced item I could buy anything in the clearance category of the website for 50% off.
Usually the clearance section is full of worthless schlock, but this time much to my delight, those awesome authentic 1986 throwback jerseys were available for Reyes, Beltran, Pedro and Delgado. I really wanted Reyes but he's $40 more and not available in my size.
So I settled on Beltran, picked out a full-priced $20 T-shirt, used my discount code and voila!, I could get this jersey and a nice T-shirt for $110 including shipping and handling.
I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I do have so many jerseys and so few chances to wear them. This would be my 5th Mets jersey in regular rotation and I doubt I'll get to 5 games this year. But, I do love this 1986 jersey design, I love Beltran and I love a good bargain.
If any Poopheads are interested in this deal, you need the discount code (NEWARR), all caps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't you go to over 20 games last year? Just 5 this season? Will Chase have to wait till next season for his first game?

Scott said...

better act quick... there's only a 52 left for Beltran

Paul said...

I think I went to about 20 games in 2006, much fewer last year. This year will be very hard with work schedule and babysitting obligations.
Mrs. Poop said I could get it so I pulled the trigger on the size 48 before they ran out. I got a Santana jersey shirt as my full-priced item.
Mrs. Poop will now use this as an excuse the next three times she spends $100 on clothes.
So this jersey is going to cost me $400.