Monday, March 17, 2008

A Couple of Hours of Heaven

When I die I think heaven will be a little something like what happened on Sunday evening from about 4:30 pm to 6:30. I wish I had known how freakin awesome it was going to be and I would have live blogged it. I also wouldn't have played a few games of Wii bowling (I have awful Wii elbow this morning). But since I didn't know it at the time, all times are approximate.

4:30 - Kansas and Texas engage in one of the best games of the season. Two high-quality teams playing a back and forth game. Very enjoyable.

5:00 - Georgia starts to blow a big lead, raising the possibility that their Cinderella run through the SEC Tournament would fall short. With Georgia's lead down to 5, Billy Humphrey nails a 3, and Bill Raftery yells "onions!"

5:30 - Tiger Woods is battling Bart Bryant in the Arnold Palmer Invitational. Bryant has a couple long putts but just misses them, leaving the door ajar for Tiger. Tiger nails a 24 foot putt for birdie on 18 to win his 5th conseuctive PGA event. Was there ever any doubt? What makes this even better is that Mike and the Mad Dog completely wrote him off on Friday because he was down 7 strokes.

5:45 - The Rockets, locked in a tight game with the Lakers, go on a crazy run (fast-breaking with a 10 point lead and 2 minutes to go, Jim Boeheim must have been turning over in his grave) to win their 22nd straight game.

6:00 - Selection Show. March Madness officially begins.

No comments: