Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Timing is Everything

When Moises Alou got hurt, Angel Pagan took advantage and got off to a blistering start in spring training.
Knowing I had his rookie cards in my basement, I checked out their activity on eBay.
I saw only two listings, each for one card, going for $5.
So I ran to the basement, pulled out my 7 Pagan 2002 Bowmans and listed 5 of them on eBay.
The price was immediately bid up to $17.50, but there have been no bids since.
That's due to an explosion in the number of listings.
Looks like I'll be able to replace my Pagans (if I want to) and turn a tidy profit.
In eBay, especially with baseball cards, timing is everything.
Last summer, with in 4 hours of him pitching a no-hitter Clay Buchholz's rookie was selling for over $70. By the time I could list mine, supply so outstripped demand that I gave up and pulled my auction.

No comments: