Thursday, March 20, 2008

We Waited 3 Months For This?

I was very disappointed with the comeback episode of "How I Met Your Mother."
The Ted-Barney storyline was not really that amusing and Barney didn't even have that many funny lines.

Vanessa Minillo can't act and didn't even look that hot.

leprechaun suit up

The Marshall-Lily story was absurd (is this the same apartment that's in Dowisetrepla?) but there were a couple funny lines about the ghost of the Confederate general and his courtly Southern manners.
But perhaps my senese were heightened because I read an article saying that the show is trying to avoid episodes with A and B storylines in favor of episodes which feature the entire Fab 5 in scenes together.

I am encouraged by the fact that we are advancing to finding out who my mother is. We know she has a yellow umbrella and we know she was at the party and now we know Ted has her yellow umbrella. My only fear is that they will drag this out. I'm hoping they'll introduce her in the season finale this year. I think they can do that and continue on with the show because it's not as if people are watching just to find out who my mother is. As long as the show continues to be well-written, smart and funny, people will continue watching once Ted and my mother get together.

you can stand under my umber ella, ella, ella, ay

Did we already meet my mother? We saw Ted bump into a random woman at the club and nothing else happened with her. Personally, I don't think she's my mother, I think it was just a trick to get people talking. If she is my mother, her name is Nicole Muirbrook Wagner and she's pretty unaccomplished to get what I think will be a key role.

r u my mommy?

Have You Met Ted? says that in next week's episode, the doctor who removes Ted's tramp stamp will be played by Sarah Chalke from Scrubs. Alicia Silverstone originally was cast for the role but dropped out when Britney Spears signed on because she didn't want to be overshadowed. And because Chalke couldn't find more time in her busy schedule, the Stella character will only be in one episode, at least this season.

No comments: