Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's Going to be a Long Season

I did not expect SU to make the NCAA tournament this year, but struggling to beat Manhattan in the Carrier Dome is worse than I expected. SU had a 20 point lead at halftime, and blew it all, until they trailed by 11 with 2:21 remaining. Manhattan outscored SU 54-23 in the first 17 minutes of the second half.
Manhattan scored 61 points in the second half, after scoring 18 in the first.
McNamara shot 5-16 overall but 5-12 from 3-point land, even Scott can tell you that's 41.6%. But according to the article I read (game was not televised) he hit three free throws and two big shots down the stretch to help force OT.

Gangsta Devendorf tied the game to send it into OT

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, 41.66666666666%

Mike said...

I thought our team looked good against Texas Tech. I haven't seen them since the loss to Louisville. We must either suck or the rest of the NCAA is much better this year.

Anonymous said...

Mike, you are getting your sports mixed up. SU lost to Louisville in football. Florida beat SU the day after the Texas Tech game. But remember, Louisville is in the Big East this year so there will be opportunities to lose to them too.

Mike said...

I still wear my Elvir in the House shirt with pride. Thanks for setting me straight.

Ton said...

Any of you guys see that McNamara is one of the candidates for the Naismith Trophy:

http://alumni.syr.edu/FullStories/Issue11-05-17.htm

I mean, i support SU things, but I'd freakin protest if he won this thing.

Paul said...

They do name 50 players for the Naismith so it's not that surprising. What shocked me was the G-Mac was named Preseason Co-Player of the Year for the Big East, along with Rudy Gay. I guess there aren't that many great players in the Big East but I guarantee Taquan Dean, Kevin Pittsnogle and Brandon Bowman will all have better seasons than G-Mac. In fact , I'll predict that Gerry doesn't make All-Big East first team this year.