Monday, February 20, 2006

Curling Fever: Catch It!

I'm addicted to curling. I've seen almost every game of both the men's and women's team from the U.S. The women, led by Cassie Johnson, choked and finished 9th. The men skipped by Pete Fenson advanced to the medal round which will be played on Wednesday. The men lost to Canada today (meaningless game) but there will be a rematch with the winner advancing to the gold medal game.
You will definitely get into the game, the atmosphere is great. The crowd is full of people wearing curling stone hats. And the U.S. fans have this catchy cheer:
"Jeepers, creepers, where'd you get those sweepers? Jeepers, creepers, where'd you get those guys?"
from left: John Schuster, Shawn Rojeski, Pete Fenson and Joe Polo
Rojeksi throws it as hard as he can and hopes for the best
hard, hard, real hard, whoa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that there should be a three man annoucing team of myself, John Madden & Mike Patrick.....Madden telestrator diagrams would be classic while Mike & I provide the color commentary...Curling, "Its Awesome Baby, with a capital, ummm, well, C!!!!!!".....

Paul said...

I understand your problem but they are trying to strike a balance. They want to explain the game to newcomers but they don't want to patronize people who understand it by repeating themselves. Also they've now called 18 matches so it can be redundant. I now understand the game perfectly and will watch every game with my cellphone nearby in case anyone wants to call me for rules explanations.