Wednesday, February 22, 2006

How I Met Your Mother Fever is Contagious, Too

I know Bill Simmons jumped the shark about two years ago but I still read him. In his latest mailbag he discussed take one for the team shows, ie chick shows he could stand to watch with his wife to make up for all the time he spends watching sports.

""How I Met Your Mother" -- Has a chance to supplant "Party of Five" as the Babe Ruth of this list because it's genuinely funny at times, it's always well-structured, and it disguises itself perfectly as "a show for men and women" when it's really a show exclusively for women. For instance, what guy do you know would meet a beautiful girl at a wedding, agree not to make a move on her for the entire night, then stick to that agreement and allow her to walk away? Has this ever happened before? Ever? On the other hand, the TV broadcaster and Ted's new girlfriend rank alongside the Barton/Bilson combo. Outstanding work by this show. We'll see whether they end up neutering the guys like "Friends" did. I remain skeptical."

Btw, its crazy to talk about this show and not even mention the comedic genius that is NPH. But that's the Simmons we're stuck with now. Complain about everything and never say anything positive.

2 comments:

Ton said...

F Bill Simmonz....I'd watch that show even of my lady wasn't around. Its just damn good.

D said...

Flightsuit up!