Friday, April 21, 2006

Mets 7 Padres 2

I didn't see a single pitch of this game live so I'll try to be brief in my comments.

Glad they didn't let the losses to Atlanta linger and become a winning streak.

Now that we beat Peavy we have to face Woody Williams (on the team we face in fantasy), Chris Young (whom I think is 6-10) and someone named Hensley (not Bam Bam Muelens).

Kaz Matsui is incredible. First player to hit home runs in the first at bat of his first three seasons in the majors. And he does it with an inside the park job.

In the 7th inning with the bases loaded and 2 outs, David Wright probably saved the game with that double play.

Duaner Sanchez, once again stranding inherited runners.

Heilman pitched a good 8th, leading to 2K Jorge in the ninth, who once again struck out two batters, thus the nickname. And I'm glad Willie gave him the chance, I don't want to see him waste Wagner with a 5 run lead.

Julio Franco became the oldest player to hit a homer in a major league game. And it gave the Mets a 3-2 lead in the 7th. I guess he ate a lot of egg whites for breakfast. I think he was an excellent acquisition. Too bad the rest of the bench sucks.

Father Time comes through

Except Endy Chavez, who made a great bunt to bring home an important insurance run.

That insurance run became less important when Delgado blasted another bomb.

Carlos Beltran's injury has me very worried. I fear this will turn into months on the DL, or months of day-to-day worry, or an entire season of him sucking because his leg hurts. Sort of like last year. And if he doesn't hit, regardless of the reason, he will get booed again.

No comments: